Your iPhone is an investment, and you certainly would not want to ruin it by not maintaining it, or letting it get covered with scratches. Protect your iPhone with these tips, and you will be able to enjoy it for much longer!
- Get an [easyazon_link identifier=”B00N1X5IBO” locale=”US” tag=”geekmommy-20″]iPhone case[/easyazon_link]. There is a plethora of types of cases available for you to use to protect your iPhone. Some of them include flip cases, slip pouches, gel skins, rigid cases, weather resistant cases, and leather cases. You can get sports cases for when you don’t have a pocket or a free hand. Sports cases are armbands with an attached pocket or sleeve for your iPhone. If you are fashion conscious, you can even get Gucci and other designer iPhone cases. You can get cases that look like purses. iPhone cases come in every color imaginable. Some cases fit so tightly around your phone, leaving the screen open for you, that they look like the phone itself. So whatever your preference in a case, you can find one that you like, and it can keep your iPhone looking like new.
- Keep your iPhone away from things that can scratch it. If you are going to put it in your pocket or purse, don’t put it in the same place you keep your keys or your change, as either one is likely to scratch it.
- Another option for protecting your iPhone from dirt and scratches is an [easyazon_link identifier=”B00NXAAYKU” locale=”US” tag=”geekmommy-20″]Air Jacket kit[/easyazon_link]. The air jacket is a thin layer of protection only 1 millimeter thick. It’s almost invisible, yet it still protects your phone. The air jacket gives you no protection for if you should drop your phone, but it will keep away the dirt, smudges, and scratches which ruin your iPhone’s finish. The kit comes with the air jacket, a thin crystal film, and an anti-glare film for the LCD.
- To keep dirt and smudges off the screen, get some [easyazon_link identifier=”B01415QHYW” locale=”US” tag=”geekmommy-20″]screen protectors[/easyazon_link]. These bits of film adhere to your screen, usually by static, without obscuring your view. You use your iPhone screen like normal, right through the screen protector.
- Part of maintaining and protecting your iPhone is cleaning it. To clean it, first turn off your iPhone for safety, and then use the [easyazon_link identifier=”B00EZGFQIQ” locale=”US” tag=”geekmommy-20″]cleaning cloth[/easyazon_link] that came with it. If that is not available, you can use any soft, lint-free cloth. Get it slightly damp, but not wet. Do not use any cleaning solvents, alcohol, household cleaners, window cleaners or abrasives. Be sure you don’t get any moisture in any of the openings.
There are also things you can do to maintain your iPhone’s battery, and extend its life.
- Lock your phone when you are not using it, and keep power-draining activities, such as gaming, to a reasonable level. Doing these things will keep your battery operating at an optimum level.
- Keep your iPhone away from heat. Don’t leave it in a hot car, or anywhere else in the sun. Heat is the worst thing for your iPhone’s battery, and will ruin it faster than just about anything else.
- Also, you should go through one charge cycle per month to keep the battery maintained. To do this, charge it up to 100% and then let the charge drain completely down to 0%.
A clean, well maintained iPhone will look good, and make you look good. It will work better with more efficiency. And it will be there to bring you ease, convenience, and fun entertainment for a long time to come. Enjoy!